Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Name on Everyone's Lips



The Ted Baker - The Name on Everyone's Lips set contains 4 lip crayons, in a (roughly) A5 sized metallic tin. This metallic tin can be reused obviously which is always great, and I'm going to use mine to some small stud earrings. 

I have been dying to try lip crayons, which is why when I saw this set in the Boots Christmas section, I had to snap it up immediately. The set is priced at £15, which I think is very reasonable. Especially when you see that each lip crayon then works out at £3.75, which is very economical.



The set is displayed beautifully and is an ideal gift for anybody who is at all interested in makeup and beauty. Lip crayons are not something many people own, so even the most beauty obsessed friend will be surprised to get this set.

The set contains 4 different shades of lip crayons, but like most gift sets, the lip crayons don't have shade names. This is a bit of a pet peeve of mine, because I do love it when companies name all the different shades. 

I was surprised at how much I liked using the lip crayons. I wasn't sure how they would look on, but they look a lot like lipstick, with the benefit of being a lot more hydrating and they pretty much feel just like a lip balm. Best of both worlds! My favourite shade in the set has to be the brightest red one. Although all the shades are very wearable which is impressive when it comes to sets like this. I know that I will get a lot of use out of all 4 shades. 

Have you tried lip crayons yet? What do you prefer, lipstick, lip crayons or lip butters?

- Allie 

4 comments:

  1. lip butters and lip crayons! lip crayons seem less "formal" than a lipstick haha

    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. I both this set too - pretty colours and the tin is so cute too. :)

    -
    Fashion-olic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lip crayons. It annoys me when a product doesn't have a name too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look lovely! I own more lipsticks than I do lip crayons or butters Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...